UA Local Trusts
What is a Benefit Trust Fund?
- The number of trustees and their method of appointment;
- The explicit powers granted to the trustees to administer the fund;
- The responsibilities of the trustees and protections for their acts as trustees, provided all actions are in good faith;
- Requirements for annual meetings, audits and trustee meetings;
- The basis for accepting contributions to the fund and delinquency procedures that may be available to the trustees, separate from the grievance procedures in the collective agreement;
- Provisions for amendment and termination of the fund.
- Conflict of Interest Rule: to act for the benefit of the trust and never for himself or herself while carrying out his or her duties;
- Standard of Care Rule: to be active in carrying out those duties and perform them with complete integrity;
- No-Delegation Rule: To carry out those duties personally as a result of the trust and confidence place upon him or her;
- Even-Handed Rule: To act impartially between the beneficiaries unless the trust instrument authorizes otherwise.
The following documents are available for viewing through your ‘myManion’ online account.
- Actuarial Report (Pension Plan)
- Annual Information Return (Pension Plan)
- Pension Plan Text
- Trust Documents: Health & Welfare Trust, Pension Trust
Group Benefits Information
RX/Extended Health Policy and Carrier Number
Active/Retired Policy#: 00551000; Carrier#: 07
Card Provider: Express Scripts Canada
Dental Policy and Carrier Number
Active/Retired Policy#: 00551000; Carrier#: 610158
Card Provider: Express Scripts Canada/Manions
Health Services (Paramedical Practitioners) Policy and Carrier Details
Active/Retired Policy #: 00551000;
Provider: Telus eClaims
This number can be found on your card under your name.
Emergency Out of Province Medical Coverage is provided through AIG for insured members under age 80, for a trip duration up to 90 days.
In an Emergency, Travel Assist must be contacted immediately: 1-877-204-2017 (Canada & US), 0-715-295-9967 (collect – outside Canada/US).
Group Policy Name: Newfoundland Plumbers & Pipefitter Local 740 Benefit Trust Fund
Policy Number: SRG 9148885
Struggling with Substance Abuse?
The RDTC/NLBTC Members’ Trust provides members with a substance abuse and rehabilitation program at no direct cost to the member.
Contact the Plan Administrator, Corey Parsons, for immediate, confidential help: 1-709-832-5116.
Member and Family Assistance Program
Life happens. Let us help.
Your MFAP is a confidential, no cost, support service that can help you find solutions to all kinds of challenges at any age and stage of life.
Call for confidential and immediate support with your work, health
1-866-448-9444. Visit their website at workhealthlife.com and search: RDTC NLBTC MEMBERS TRUST
Professionals in Piping
Pension Trust Fund
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall administration of the plan. The trustees are appointed to the board in accordance with the collective labour agreement and the trust agreement. In their duty as administrator, they must ensure that the pension plan and pension fund are administered in accordance with the Pension Benefits Act (PBA) and regulations, and the terms of the pension plan text. While the Board of Trustees retains the overall responsibility for the administration of the plan, they may retain administration staff and professional advisors to handle the day to day operations. The administration office is located in the UA Local 740 Building at 48 Sagona Ave, Donovan’s Industrial Park, Mount Pearl. More detailed information regarding your pension plan is available in your benefit booklet and personalized benefit statement (PBS), which are available through your Member Online Account: Login to ‘myManion’ here.
Professionals in Piping
Health & Welfare Trust Fund
The benefits offered under the group insurance plan include insured and self insured benefits. Insured benefits are provided through an insurance company that has been contracted by the Board of Trustees. A monthly premium is paid to the insurance company to cover the cost of the benefit provided to covered members and their eligible dependents. Self insured benefits are provided by the Health & Welfare Trust Fund, there is no insurance company involvement. The terms of eligibility and covered benefits are set forth in a plan document. The insured benefits include:
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Group Emergency Out of Province Medical
The self insured benefits include:
- Group Extended Health Care Benefits
- Group Vision Care Benefits
- Group Dental Benefits
More detailed information regarding your health & welfare plan is available in your benefit booklet and personalized benefit statement (PBS), which are available through your Member Online Account: Login to ‘myManion’ here.