UA Local Trusts
What is a Benefit Trust Fund?
- The number of trustees and their method of appointment;
- The explicit powers granted to the trustees to administer the fund;
- The responsibilities of the trustees and protections for their acts as trustees, provided all actions are in good faith;
- Requirements for annual meetings, audits and trustee meetings;
- The basis for accepting contributions to the fund and delinquency procedures that may be available to the trustees, separate from the grievance procedures in the collective agreement;
- Provisions for amendment and termination of the fund.
- Conflict of Interest Rule: to act for the benefit of the trust and never for himself or herself while carrying out his or her duties;
- Standard of Care Rule: to be active in carrying out those duties and perform them with complete integrity;
- No-Delegation Rule: To carry out those duties personally as a result of the trust and confidence place upon him or her;
- Even-Handed Rule: To act impartially between the beneficiaries unless the trust instrument authorizes otherwise.
- Actuarial Report (Pension Plan)
- Annual Information Return (Pension Plan)
- Pension Plan Text
- Trust Documents: Health & Welfare Trust, Pension Trust
Group Benefits Information
RX/Extended Health Policy and Carrier Number Active/Retired Policy#: 00551000; Carrier#: 07 Card Provider: Express Scripts Canada Dental Policy and Carrier Number Active/Retired Policy#: 00551000; Carrier#: 610158 Card Provider: Express Scripts Canada/Manions Certificate Number/ID This number can be found on your card under your name.
Emergency Out of Province Medical Coverage is provided through AIG for insured members under age 80, for a trip duration up to 90 days. In an Emergency, Travel Assist must be contacted immediately: 1-877-204-2017 (Canada & US), 0-715-295-9967 (collect – outside Canada/US). Group Policy Name: Newfoundland Plumbers & Pipefitter Local 740 Benefit Trust Fund Policy Number: SRG 9148885
Struggling with Substance Abuse?
The RDTC/NLBTC Members’ Trust provides members with a substance abuse and rehabilitation program at no direct cost to the member. Contact the Plan Administrator, John Horgan, for immediate, confidential help: 1-844-726-2778, firstname.lastname@example.org
Member and Family Assistance Program
Life happens. Let us help. Your MFAP is a confidential, no cost, support service that can help you find solutions to all kinds of challenges at any age and stage of life. Call for confidential and immediate support with your work, health and life at: 1-866-448-9444. Visit their website at workhealthlife.com and search: RDTC / NLBTC Members Trust
Professionals in Piping
Pension Trust Fund
Professionals in Piping
Health & Welfare Trust Fund
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Group Emergency Out of Province Medical
The self insured benefits include:
- Group Extended Health Care Benefits
- Group Vision Care Benefits
- Group Dental Benefits
More detailed information regarding your health & welfare plan is available in your benefit booklet and personalized benefit statement (PBS), which are available through your Member Online Account: https://mwaonline.manionwilkins.com/