About UA Local 740
Status: We are open for in-person visits. A mask must be worn over your nose and mouth and it must not be removed or pulled down for any reason while inside the building. Access to the Union Office lobby is limited to 2 people at a time.
Click here to learn more.
The United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters, UA Local 740, is a pipe trades union involved in the fabrication, installation, commissioning, maintenance, and servicing of piping systems at the commercial and industrial level.
UA Local 740 was originally chartered on July 16, 1949, and currently represents approximately 1800 members with qualifications in Plumbing, Steamfitting/Pipefitting, Sprinklerfitting, High Pressure Welding, Refrigeration, Instrumentation, and Non-Destructive Testing.
Our members have been major contributors to the successful completion of and of ongoing projects such as:
- Hibernia Offshore Platform
- Terra Nova FPSO
- Come By Chance Refinery
- Vale Nickel Processing Plant in Long Harbour
- Hebron Offshore Platform
- Lower Churchill Hydroelectric Generation Project at Muskrat Falls
- Long Term Care Facilities in Pleasantville and Carbonear
- Voisey’s Bay Mine
- Muskrat Falls Project
- Several Alberta Oil Sands Projects
Have a few questions?
Browse by category or search your question at our helpdesk!
Union Office News
Stay up to date with the latest Union Office news & events.
Professionals in Piping
Please include the following supporting documents with your application:
- Copy of Trade Diploma
- Transcript of 9 Month Pre-employment Course
- Government Apprenticeship Certificate and Status Letter (If Applicable)
- Copy of Interprovincial Certificate
- Welders should include copies of all current welding tickets