About Local 740
UA Local 740 was originally chartered on July 16, 1949, and currently represents approximately 1800 members with qualifications in Plumbing, Steamfitting/Pipefitting, Sprinklerfitting, High Pressure Welding, Refrigeration, Instrumentation, and Non-Destructive Testing.
Our members have been major contributors to the successful completion of and of ongoing projects such as:
- Hibernia Offshore Platform
- Terra Nova FPSO
- Come By Chance Refinery
- Vale Nickel Processing Plant in Long Harbour
- Hebron Offshore Platform
- Lower Churchill Hydroelectric Generation Project at Muskrat Falls
- Long Term Care Facilities in Pleasantville and Carbonear
- Voisey’s Bay Mine
- Muskrat Falls Project
- Several Alberta Oil Sands Projects
Have a few questions?
Browse by category or search your question at our helpdesk!
Union Office News
Stay up to date with the latest Union Office news & events.
Professionals in Piping
Please include the following supporting documents with your application.
- Copy of Trade Diploma
- Transcript of 9 Month Pre-employment Course
- Copies of all Safety Certificates
- Copy of Interprovincial Certificate
- Welders should include copies of all current welding tickets
Download the fillable pdf below, fill it out and mail it to our office at:
UA Local 740 Plumbers & Pipefitters
P.O. 547 Centennial Square
Mount Pearl, NL A1N 2W4