We hope all of you had a nice holiday season and wish you all the best for 2022. Public Health moving the
province to a modified Alert Level 4 is not the way we had hoped to start the New Year, but the waves of
this virus have proven that we can innovate and persevere to keep people safe and operations functioning.
We are once again asking members to move towards online interaction during this time. The following is an update on our facilities effective Tuesday, January 4th, 2022:
The Benefits office will remain closed to members and the general public until further notice. Staff will be
on-site to maintain business operations. Should public health officials enact an emergency measure to require businesses to close, our business continuity plan will allow for business operations to continue remotely.
Self paying members are required to make their monthly self payment if they wish to remain insured. Members may self pay using the following options (noted on the second page of the self payment notice):
- Online Banking
- Calling the benefits office and paying by credit card
- Mailing your payment: UA Local 740 Benefits Office, PO Box 156, Mount Pearl, NL, A1N 2C2
- In-person payments may be dropped in our drop box. Please put the payment in an envelope with your name and Union card number on the front.
MyManion: Insured members are encouraged to sign up for their myManion account for online claim
submission. The myManion portal and mobile applications offer you a safe and reliable way to interact with your plans and ensure claims payments are as quick as possible. You can also access your digital benefit card, check your dollar bank balance, work history, benefits booklet, annual statements, and other items.
- To submit a claim on myManion: My Claims > Submit Claim. A group health claim form is not required when health claims are submitted through your myManion account. Dental claims do require a Standard Dental Claim form completed by your dental office.
- To check your dollar bank balance on myManion: My Benefits > My Trust Balances. Divide the
Welfare Bank balance by the current monthly deduction rate of 275 to determine the remaining
months of coverage. The maximum number of coverage months your dollar bank can provide is 12.
To obtain a user ID and password, or if you have forgotten your user ID or password, please contact Leslie
Wells, at the office 709-747-2249 x308; cell 709-685-7769, or email [email protected].
Fax: Insured members may also submit claims by fax to: Manions Claims Centre – 416-234-2071. You
MUST include a completed and signed group health claim form or standard dental claim form in your fax.
Group Health Claim Forms can be found on UA Local 740’s Website:
https://www.ualocal740.ca/member-resources/. Standard Dental claim forms are available at your dental
In-Person: Members in the vicinity of the UA Local 740 Office Building may drop claims in the drop box
accessible from the outside of the building.
Enrolment Forms/Life Insurance Claims/Letters of Student Proof/Other Administrative
In an effort to avoid service disruptions, enrolment/change forms, life insurance claims, letters of student
proof, and all other administrative documents that are needed for the ongoing administration of the Health & Welfare benefit program may be submitted as follows:
- By Fax: 709-747-1235
- By Email: [email protected] For tips on scanning documents using a smartphone or tablet,
- In-person using the drop box accessible from outside the building.
Enrolment/Change forms can be found on UA Local 740’s Website: https://www.ualocal740.ca/member-
We ask that you respect and follow our safety measures to ensure the well being of your fellow members
and staff. The above operations are subject to change depending on emergency measures enacted by public health officials.
Let’s Talk About Mental Health
If you are feeling a heightened level of stress, anxiety or fear and you feel overwhelmed or concerned that it is affecting your ability to care for yourself or your family, ask for help. Reach out to a family member,
friend, or one of the following services for assistance:
- Member Family Assistance Program (MFAP) – 1-866-448-9444. A confidential, no cost, support
service provided through the RDTC/NLBTC Members Trust for UA Local 740 members and their
- Bridge the Gapp offers many free services to support you and your wellbeing –
- The Provincial CHANNAL Warm Line at 1-855-753-2560 from 9:00 am to 12:00 am. If you are
feeling isolated and alone, please reach out and speak with a trained mental health peer supporter.
- Mental Health Crisis Line at 1-888-737-4668 available 24 hours a day or contact the Crisis Text
service by texting 686868
- If it is an urgent or life-threatening situation, call 911.
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and will update you as the situation evolves or when changes are necessary to align with Federal and Provincial Government directives. We wish you and your loved one’s health and safety during this challenging time. Please do your part to reduce the spread and stay well.