We hope all of you had a nice holiday season and wish you all the best for 2022. Public Health moving the province to a modified Alert Level 4 is not the way we had hoped to start the New Year, but the waves of this virus have proven that we can innovate and persevere to keep people safe and operations functioning.
We are once again asking members to move towards online interaction during this time. The following is an update on our facilities effective Tuesday, January 4th, 2022:
The main Union office will remain closed to members and the general public until further notice. Staff will be on-site to maintain business operations. Should public health officials enact an emergency measure to require businesses to close, our business continuity plan will allow for business operations to continue remotely.
myUA: Your myUA member account or myUA Mobile App offer you a safe and reliable way to:
- Pay Union Dues
- Bid on Jobs
- Sign up for available Training Courses
- Access Safety Tickets (myUA App only)
More information on your myUA account and App can be found here: https://www.ualocal740.ca/mobile-app/
Job Line: 709-747-8428
While we encourage members to use their myUA account or App to bid on jobs, if you are unable to do so, please call the job line after 4:30 pm daily for updates on available jobs (if any) and to bid on jobs that are suitable for your trade.
If you are unable to make your dues payment through your myUA account or App, you may also pay dues by one of the following methods:
- Calling the office and paying by credit card
- Mailing your payment: UA Local 740, PO Box 547, Centennial Squire, Mount Pearl, NL, A1N 2W4
- In-person payments may be dropped in our drop box (accessible from the outside of the building).
Please put the payment in an envelope with your name and Union card number on the front.
We ask that you respect and follow our safety measures to ensure the well being of your fellow members and staff. The above operations are subject to change depending on emergency measures enacted by public health officials.
Let’s Talk About Mental Health
If you are feeling a heightened level of stress, anxiety or fear and you feel overwhelmed or concerned that it is affecting your ability to care for yourself or your family, ask for help. Reach out to a family member, friend, or one of the following services for assistance:
- Member Family Assistance Program (MFAP) – 1-866-448-9444. A confidential, no cost, support
service provided through the RDTC/NLBTC Members Trust for UA Local 740 members and their
- Bridge the Gapp offers many free services to support you and your wellbeing – www.bridgethegapp.ca
- The Provincial CHANNAL Warm Line at 1-855-753-2560 from 9:00 am to 12:00 am. If you are
feeling isolated and alone, please reach out and speak with a trained mental health peer supporter.
- Mental Health Crisis Line at 1-888-737-4668 available 24 hours a day or contact the Crisis Text
service by texting 686868
- If it is an urgent or life-threatening situation, call 911.
We will continue to monitor the outbreak and will update you as the situation evolves or when changes are necessary to align with Federal and Provincial Government directives. We wish you and your loved one’s health and safety during this challenging time. Please do your part to reduce the spread and stay well.