We would like to thank our members for their patience and support during this period of adjustment to our business operations. You have done a great job of transitioning to online interaction, payments, and modifying the way you communicate with staff. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, and it has allowed us to continue our operations with very little disruption.
Please take a moment to review this update on your benefit programs.
30-Day Medication Supply Update
What this means for patients:
- Once your current supply of medications is due to be renewed contact your pharmacy to arrange for your refill. If you are sick or require alternative medication pick-up or delivery options, please advise your pharmacy team.
- To avoid an unnecessary inventory demand, do not request your medication refill until it is due– this will enable your pharmacy team to continue to protect the drug supply. Members that are covered under the UA Local 740 Benefit Plan must use 2/3s of their existing supply before the medication will be eligible for coverage under the drug plan in accordance with the plan maximums. Additional restrictions based on drug type and supply will apply. The maximum days supply for maintenance medication coverage under the plan is 90-days for eligible drugs. If you try to fill a prescription for more than the restricted days under the plan, it will not be covered.
- Your pharmacist will use their professional judgement–as they always have–to determine whether there is adequate supply of your medication to dispense in a longer days’ supply in excess of the 30-days. Some specific drugs may still experience shortages necessitating pharmacy professionals to dispense a limited amount.
- Please be understanding and have patience with your pharmacy team as they are doing their best to ensure safe and quality pharmacy care throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
The announcement from the NLPB can be found here: https://nlpb.ca/30-day-medication-supply-update/?fbclid=IwAR0Ud6q7GPYggM26dsIteYN0HsPaeQ_VREJW5s0RpsSgnuch1woctmqOeuk
2019 Personalized Benefit Statement is Now Available Online
- 709-747-2249, extension 308
A paper copy of the statement is being prepared for you and will be sent out via Canada Post shortly.
myManion App – New Feature
A new feature has been launched on the myManion app called “Check My Coverage”. This convenient new feature will allow you to look up coverage details and the balance of your coverage remaining for Medical and Vision Care benefits. That said, there are a few complications with our plan design that will cause certain benefits to incorrectly show as not covered. These exceptions are:
- Laser Eye Surgery – please refer to your plan booklet for coverage details.
- Safety Glasses – please refer to your plan booklet for coverage details.
This feature is not available for dental and prescription drug benefits. Information on these benefits can be found in your plan booklet, which is in the Forms and Booklets section of myManion.
IN OTHER NEWS
The Co-operators Group Insurance – Reduced Driving Refund
If you have an auto insurance policy with The Co-operators Group Auto, you may be eligible for a 10% refund on the premium you paid from April 1 to May 31, 2020. Policies must be active on May 31st to qualify. You have until August 31, 2020 to register for the Reduce Driving Refund.
Details about this refund and the Reduced Driving Refund Form are available here: https://www.cooperatorsgroupinsurance.ca/~/link.aspx?_id=5EBBCEC767A64D4D95CF60532606ED61&_z=z
The Reduced Driving Refund Form is available here (you will need your policy number and policy address): https://www.cooperators.ca/en/driving-refund/cooperators-group.aspx
Here are more ways to reduce your auto insurance premium:
To ease financial pressures even further, you can take advantage of flexible payment options, extended payment grace periods and more. If you’re driving less, they can review your policy and make changes that may help reduce your premium. For example, “use of vehicle” can be changed from commute to pleasure, while coverage for stored vehicles can be suspended or reduced.
Contact a Licensed Insurance Representative for assistance at 1-800-387-1963. The Co-operators Group Insurance team is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.
We wish you and your loved ones health and wellness as we move through this pandemic. Let’s continue to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and stay well.
The Board of Trustees
Bob Fiander, Chairman; Leslie Wells, Administrator
UA Local 740 Benefit Trust Funds